We’ve had lots of questions recently about International Warranty Service (IWS), what systems are eligible, what’s included, how to find out more, etc.. So, here are a few hints and tips to confirm whether you’re covered the next time you travel with your ThinkPad. - Lenovo Wordwide
What is International Warranty Service (IWS)?
IWS lets you receive Warranty Service for eligible Lenovo Think systems when you travel or relocate to a country where that product is sold and serviced. The length of coverage is based on the length of your original base warranty, but the method or level of service (depot, onsite, carry-in) may be different.
There are certain countries that may require a proof of purchase or proof of proper importation before you can receive an IWS service and there may be fees or restrictions that apply when and if you need IWS.
How can I determine if my machine is eligible for IWS?
You can check out whether your system is eligible, find contact information and country coverage at: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-service/iws.page?:
Upon providing your machine type or series number, identify the country of interest and call the contact number provided to initiate IWS service for your machine.
What’s covered versus not covered?
- Refurbished machines are not eligible for International Warranty Service. Most refurbished machine warranties are shorter than the original warranty and are only valid within the country of purchase.
- Certain countries may not have the capability of servicing ALL models of a particular machine type.
- In cases where the country may not have the ability to service a particular model, service may be provided on a “best effort” basis and some fees may apply.
- Warranty Extensions and Upgrades (i..e Onsite) are the only Lenovo Services that are eligible for International Warranty Service
- Accidental Damage Protection and Priority Technical Support are not eligible for International Warranty Coverage.
Hope this helps with your questions on International Warranty Service. If you have others, shoot us note or comment and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can!